Are you an Australian government agency looking to move your website to the GovCMS platform? Weave can help you make the transition.
We know Drupal
GovCMS is built on the Drupal content management platform.
Weave is an active member of the Drupal community and has built dozens of Drupal websites. Our content lead Angus Gordon is an Acquia Certified Drupal Site Builder.
We know how to use the power of Drupal to create a beautiful, functional website with easy-to-manage content that serves users' needs.
We help you get full control of your content
Weave is a content-first web agency, specialising in content strategy for Drupal websites. If the thought of moving a large amount of content from your current site to a new platform is giving you nightmares, we can help you develop a logical, manageable migration plan. We'll also help you deal with common migration stumbling blocks like:
- Turning a chaotic pile of content into a user-friendly information architecture
- Working out what to do with formats that are problematic for accessibility, like PDF
- Wrangling unwieldy data tables and graphics that won't work on mobile devices
- Creating a sustainable governance model for a distributed, multi-author workflow
- Training your team in using the new platform, and making it easier for them to use
We help you use dynamic content to lighten your workload and improve the user experience
One of the most powerful features of Drupal and GovCMS is the ability to display your content dynamically, depending on context. This helps users discover useful content without requiring you to manage endless lists of manual cross-references. Say you want to:
- Let users filter content by several criteria at once
- Generate lists of related content that change depending on the topic of the page being viewed
- Customise the dynamic content on your front page or section landing pages
You can do all this and more in GovCMS, but to make it work, you need a rigorous, clearly defined content model and taxonomy system, and expertise in the trickier aspects of Drupal configuration. That's where Weave comes in.
We design beautiful, responsive, accessible GovCMS websites
Your GovCMS site doesn't need to look like it's built on a template. Weave have been designing beautiful, functional Drupal websites for many years. We were one of the first agencies in Australia to master responsive web design techniques that make websites work well on devices of all sizes. And we're rigorous in making sure our websites meet accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.0 Level AA or AAA as required). Drupal websites we've built include:
- ClimateWorks Australia: Victorian winner, Not for Profit category, Australian Web Awards 2013
- EnergyInfoHub: Victorian winner, Not for Profit category, Australian Web Awards 2014
- Commissioner for Environmental Sustainability, Victoria: Built using the aGov distribution of Drupal (the base platform of GovCMS)
GovCMS services available from Weave
- Website migration and content services, including migration from other Content Management Systems into Drupal, page content migration, content strategy and content modelling
- Drupal website design and development, including theming and visual design
- Drupal consulting, especially around workflow, governance, and improving the content authoring experience